Swimming pools in our Ashburn communities open for the season this Saturday, May 26.Get prepared for the summer season (coming, we promise!):
- Get your pool pass, find your old one, update photos as necessary/mandated by your community.
- Dig out “floaties”, inner tubes and noodles, throwing out the old and replacing as needed.
- Check sunscreen for expiration dates and make sure the SPF matches what your family needs. Not sure? Here’s Consumer Reports Guide to Sunscreen.
- Read — or reread — your community’s rules and regulations for the swimming pools. Some communities have more than one swimming pool, so check to see if different rules apply to the different swimming pools.
- Know what age children can go to the swimming pool by themselves and what, if any, test they need to pass. (See your community rules.)
And finally, make sure everyone in your family understands what drowning truly looks like, so they can get help when someone is in distress. Please read this very important article, “Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning” and see the video below.